Contractors working in Hong Kong?

Situations arise when an overseas company has been awarded a contract by a Hong Kong organisation, but the overseas company has no HK office or affiliated partner. Without exception all potential visa holders that are considered resident need a sponsor. The situation we have described relates in the majority of cases to IT, but can easily apply to other service providers. In this situation IF the Hong Kong client will act as the sponsor immigration will accept them as the sponsor. But as always each application will be assessed on its own individual merits.

The responsibilities of the sponsor is twofold only, one is in the event of any repatriation issues that may arise, second is to inform immigration of any changes in their visa status.

This entry was posted in Hong Kong Immigration and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *