Will I pay tax on my apartment rent if it’s paid by my employer?


Yes you will, but despite what the Inland Revenue rules say about taxing you 10% of the (RV) Rateable Value. In reality it will be 10% of your gross annual salary as the system favours the tax pay payer. It’s also good news for the employer as the cost is fully allowable in the accounts.

This entry was posted in Hong Kong Tax, Setting up a home, Setting up a Hong Kong business and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *